AAMNA Virtual Meeting Minutes
24th May 2020
My dear Brothers and Sisters,
I take this opportunity to update you on the latest AAMNA meeting. Due to the prevailing COVID-19 environment, we had an app based ‘Virtual Meeting’ on 24 May 2020 (Sunday). Many AAMNA members joined the meeting from various corners of the country. The gist of discussion is summarised as under:-
1. An update was given on the state of affairs in the School and AAMNA related activities since last get together in September 2019 in Delhi by President, AAMNA.
2. It was felt that we need to attract better quality of students into Navodaya, for which AAMNA Times can contribute a lot. Hence, its reach and circulation needs to be enhanced. Articles have been invited from the alumni through batch coordinators.
3. There is also a need to gradually focus on the interests and concerns of the alumni. Old and established Alumni are requested to volunteer to be a ‘Mentor’ to the newly passing out Alumni during their struggle days. Batch wise Struggle Story / Success Story of Alumni will be published in AAMNA Times. However more such stories are invited.
4. It was suggested that we can organize seminars and workshops in School to encourage ‘entrepreneurship’ in the students..such alumni, once they pass out, can be guided through this platform.
5. We need new faces and fresh energy to further enhance the efficiency of our team, for which young generation need to participate more actively! Young alumni need to be ‘instituitionalised’. Those who are already working in this field are encouraged to join. Also new comers are welcome!
6. A new proposal, given by an alumunus, to provide nutritional supplements to School students was discussed, for which final call would be taken after ground work completed by the alumnus. AAMNA would encourage to have such measures.
7. We can consider Positive Changes needed in our Alumni Association. The same can be discussed in our General Body Meeting.
8. In the months of March and August, Alumni will be reminded for the Annual Monetary contribution through the batch coordinators. Alumni are encouraged to join the Lifetime Membership to raise the Corpus Fund. A common list will be prepared for the lifetime members, including both annual contributors (₹1200/- per annum) and one time contributors (₹15000/- one time). Updated list of Life members will be updated on website. Reminder for Rs. 1200/year individually has been a daunting tasks in the past. Nevertheless existing such list would be updated too.
9. Chief Batch Coordinator will work through the Batch Coordinators to connect more members. Need to continue the focus on “Get connected, Stay Connected”.
10. Alumni were requested to contribute to ‘Video Classes’ for the School students. Those who are taking online classes, names should be displayed for all on website.
11. Such virtual meetings will be held quite often in future. More and more members are requested to join to make the interaction more comprehensive and meaningful.
12. All scholarship progaramme should be updated on website along with those in pipeline.